THE EFFECTS OF NATURAL DISASTERS ON MINE WATER MANAGEMENT.
DOWNLOAD ON DEMAND
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
MINETEK will welcome expert panelists for an in-depth discussion about the effects of natural disasters and the role they play in mine water management strategies. With increasing storms due to environmental changes, and catastrophic dam collapses on the rise, this panel discussion aims to educate and overcome the risks in this evolving issue.
Our key speaker, Dr. Gavin Mudd is an associate professor in the Department of Environmental Engineering at RMIT University, Australia. Mudd's research interests include environmental impacts, management of mine wastes, acid mine drainage, sustainability frameworks, life-cycle assessment modelling and mine rehabilitation.
The panel will explore:
- The increase of extreme weather events and what this means for mining
- Financial, operational or safety impacts of extreme weather events
- Risks of failed Water Management
- Pressures on sites to be prepared for disaster – policy, environmental, community or safety
- Changes to government policy both nationally and globally
- Emergency response and preparation
- Mine Water Management successes
Join our host, Duane Thompson, Head of Water MINETEK and our expert panelists for this special online event.